COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
(Updated as of 6.16.2021)
A Message to our Valued Patients from the Elmwood Health Center Team:
Although New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo has announced a lifting of COVID-19 restrictions, The Elmwood Health Center continues to observe all regulations from the New York State (NYS) Department of Health, as do all other health care providers. All patients, staff, visitors and vendors must adhere to existing health protocols, including the wearing of a face mask within the EHC. We are closely monitoring the situation and will promptly announce any changes in policy. Thank you for your continued observation of the protocols.
We currently do not have the COVID-19 vaccine. We encourage you to go to one of the local clinics run by NYS or Erie County Department of Health, or visit your local pharmacy for your vaccine.
PLEASE NOTE: If you need a letter stating your health related condition, send a portal message or call the office once you have an appointment and we will provide a letter.
Some additional providers of vaccine include:
- Erie County Health Department or COVID-19 information line 716.858.2929
- NYS vaccination sites or call 1.833.697-4829
- Local pharmacies: call the pharmacy directly or visit their websites
If you have already received a vaccine, please let us know by sending a patient portal message or calling the health center.
Follow this link for up-to-date information from the New York State Department of Health.
Our Staff and our Providers remind all patients that they should call our office first, before making the decision to go to the local Emergency Room, unless it is a real Emergency such as chest pains, trouble breathing and other life threatening situations. As always, we have a provider covering our phones 24/7 if you become ill or have a non-life threatening concern. Call the office at 716.874.4500 to be connected to the covering health care provider. Please call 911 for all life threatening emergencies.
If you are being tested for COVID-19, or you have received a positive test result, read the Erie County Commissioner of Health’s Standing Order and Packet of Information.
We remind patients that video visits are available for many appointments. This allows you to remain at home, lower your contact with others, and skip the screening at the door, which is necessary for all persons entering the health center. If you have an appointment, call the health center at 716.874.4500 and ask if your appointment can be changed to a video visit. Please see the section below, "Office Visits from the Comfort of Your Own Home."
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, our office has continued all recommended safety procedures to minimize the risk of infection and to ensure delivery of the highest quality of care possible. We continue to take every precaution to keep our patients, staff and by extension, our community, safe and healthy.
Your Elmwood Health Center caregiver and support staff are working extremely hard to stay on top of this rapidly changing pandemic. You can have confidence that when you come to your appointment, you will be safe and cared for by a team that is armed with the latest information to protect you.
Thank you for doing your part to keep yourself, your family, and our community safe and healthy. Thank you also for trusting the providers and staff at the Elmwood Health Center with your care.
For an in-office appointment, these safety measures are in place:
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing, fever, shortness of breath, sniffles, runny nose, congestion, trouble breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, diarrhea, or new loss of taste or smell, please DO NOT come the office. Call our COVID-19 hotline at 716.874.4500 first. Our team of providers will advise you how to proceed. We are not a COVID-19 test site.
- When you come to our office for a scheduled appointment, your temperature will be checked and you will be required to answer a few questions before you enter. This ensures that no one with COVID-19 symptoms is allowed inside. You can rest assured knowing that we are screening every person to make sure you are safe. Only if necessary, one person may accompany you, and that person will also be required to have their temperature checked, answer the same questions and have their contact information recorded.
- We ask for your patience during the screening process and that you maintain 6 feet of distance between you and others while waiting to be screened. Please read all signage and adhere to these policies, as well as any directions given by our providers and staff - this is for your health and safety, as well as that of our staff.
Office Visits from the comfort of your own home:
Video Visits are available with your provider for certain visit types.
To participate, all you will need is a computer or device with a camera (mobile phone, iPad, tablet, etc.). Simply call our office and we can get you scheduled. You can start your scheduled video visit by clicking here.
The Elmwood Health Center Patient Portal is an excellent way to stay connected remotely with your doctor. In addition to being able to access test results, request appointments, and manage prescription refills, you can send a NON URGENT message to your provider. You will also receive information on COVID-19, as well as other important medical news.
Please follow ALL of the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Important COVID-19 information may be found on the websites for CDC (Prevent getting sick and What to do if you are sick), Erie County and New York State. Containing the spread of this pandemic will require ALL of us to work together to practice social distancing and proper health, safety and hygiene habits.